Walmart stores nationwide will be closed on Thanksgiving Day this year, company officials said Tuesday in a news release.
Walmart to close on Thanksgiving and pay $428M in special bonuses
Walmart President and CEO John Furner said the decision was made to allow employees to spend the holiday with their families. Company officials said Sam’s Clubs stores would also be closed for the holiday.
“We know this has been a trying year, and our associates have stepped up. We hope they will enjoy a special Thanksgiving Day at home with their loved ones,” he said. “We are certainly thankful to our people for all of their efforts.”
Company officials also announced that associates employed on July 31 at stores, clubs and distribution centers would be getting another cash bonus next month. On Aug. 20, full-time hourly associates will get a $300 bonus while part-time hourly and temporary associates will get a $150 bonus.
In all, Walmart will pay out about $428 million to employees, company officials said.
“Our associates have been working at an incredible pace, they’ve solved problems, and they’ve set an amazing example for others,” Furner said. “To further appreciate their incredible work, we are pleased to share another special cash bonus this summer.”
The cash bonus is the third to be paid to Walmart employees this year. In June, company officials paid out gifts totaling more than $390 million. The company paid out nearly $550 million in bonuses in April.
Walmart operates more than 4,700 stores and nearly 600 Sam’s Club locations across the U.S. The company employs about 1.5 million people nationwide.
- Nicki Minaj announces pregnancy – #Preggers
- Nintendo has announced Shin Megami Tensei V Release Set For 2021
- IN PICTURES: THE UAE JUST LAUNCHED FIRST ARAB SPACE MISSION TO MARS FROM JAPAN
- El Chapo’s nephew killed in cartel hit as bullet-riddled corpse found in car
- Justin Trudeau has declined an invitation meeting with Trump in Washington
- Science Explains Why Women Choose Bad Boys
- Why Many Men Don’t Want to Make Their Relationships Public